Bathroom Remodeling Fort Collins: Create a Stunning, Welcoming Space That Boosts Your Home’s Value
Adding value and beauty to your home should always be your goal. With the help of a bathroom remodeling contractor, Fort Collins residents can not only add some value to their property but also create a comfortable space to relax in. What projects can make the biggest difference in your bathroom?
Bathroom Design Fort Collins Tips
Here’s where to start when it comes to creating a beautiful bathroom that you love spending time enjoying.
- Start with countertops and fixtures. Make a smaller space look larger by using bright colors. Granite countertops are fantastic for adding value to the home – and it retains that value well even as trends change. Choose fixtures that reduce water usage, but offer details that bring character to the space.
- Next, think about lighting. Creating a bright space with numerous bulbs or with a pendant light fixture add both drama and a sense of value. Consider a dimmer switch for those luxurious bath days.
- Floors can include beautiful stone or hardwoods. Choose products that are waterproof and designed for heavy use.
By working with a team that specializes in bathroom remodeling Fort Collins residents are sure to find a space they love to be in. It pays to choose a contractor that is willing to help you not only with installation but also with the design process. Work together to determine the right colors, materials, and features for your space. A modern bathroom is one that can boost your home’s value if it is professionally installed with an eye for exceptional workmanship.
Top 7 Bathroom Design Trends of 2018
2018 is here and it’s time to give your bathroom a new look. Here are the top bathroom design trends of 2018 that you need to incorporate.
Was your new year’s resolution to upgrade your bathroom? Great! That was our resolution, too!
But a new year means new trends. Trends are constantly changing in every category of life: home improvement, health and fitness, fashion and everything else you could possibly think of.
So what does this mean for your 2018 bathroom remodel? It means that before you begin, it would be in your best interest to catch up on some of the most recent bathroom design trends!
Lucky for you, we’ve compiled a list of the seven most recent bathroom design trends and we’re sharing them with you!
Keep reading for more trends!
1. Marble Everything
From walls to sinks to accent fixtures, marble is all the rage these days. This is great in accent pieces or complete walls.
The great thing about marble is the longevity of the material. Marble is easy to clean and can last for years. If you’re going to use marble in your bathroom remodel, it would be best to use solid colors throughout the rest of the design process.
2. Let the Tub Be Free
Freestanding tubs have a tendency to draw all attention. If you look on Pinterest at ‘bathrooms’, almost all pictures will feature a stand-alone tub.
Not only do these tubs offer the idea of complete relaxation, but placed in front of a statement wall are aesthetically pleasing to your eye and your guest’s eyes.
3. Create With Color
In the past, it has been completely normal and expected to design your bathroom with neutrals and earth tone colors.
The forefront of bathroom design trends is all about incorporating deep, rich hues of color. Think about accent fixtures, backsplashes or vanities and give them a pop of color. The color blue is especially trending and something to consider when remodeling your bathroom.
4. Say Goodbye to Subway Tile
Subway tile had its time in the sun but that era is over! When you’re deciding to add tile to your bathroom, go for texture and pattern rather than solid colors.
5. Industrial Inspiration
When you think about including an industrial theme into your bathroom, think minimalistic. The industrial trend is composed of exposed brick, exposed beams and raw materials.
The more natural the better. The industrial theme is a satisfying balance of different and varying materials that compliment each other. Think concrete, wood, brass, exposed pipes and brick.
6. The Metal Must-Have
Your shower door carries a lot of weight in the bathroom. It is typically the first thing you lay eyes on when walking into your bathroom. Why not make it stand out and speak for itself?
The rise of a metal shower door is on the rise in 2018. This window-esque look also works really well while incorporating an industrial theme into your bathroom. The look of metal against a lighter shower tile is dramatic and defined, giving your bathroom the illusion of controlled chaos.
7. Mixing materials
Mixing several different materials plays an effective role in designing a bathroom. The mixing of materials also gives you a lot of freedom to choose and design to your true liking.
With light fixtures, cabinets, storage, showers and tubs and all other things incorporated in a bathroom, you have endless options of things to use different materials on.
Bathroom Design Trends to Die For
There you have it! Just a few of the top trends you’ll be seeing in the 2018 bathroom remodel world.
So where do you start? Take time to do research on all different trends to see what best suits you and your personality. The bathroom is supposed to be a place of relaxation and rejuvenation.
Whatever design makes you feel relaxed is the design you should use in your bathroom. So find out what you like and get to it!
If you need a little help along the way, we’re only a call away.
Sometimes it seems that you lose so many of the finer things in life when you lose your mobility. Whether it’s the difficulty in making all the arrangements to go on that dream vacation, or the embarrassment that comes with wheeling yourself into a luxury spa and having to get assistance maneuvering yourself from chair to table to pool for all the treatments, at some point you begin to let go of those things that you used to enjoy, and just say “it’s not worth it anymore.”
It doesn’t have to be that way. For example, you can still enjoy spa-level relaxation in the comfort and safety of your own home, by engaging bathroom remodeling contractors in Fort Collins to make some changes to your existing bathroom.
A professional renovation team can make sure that the bathroom is wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair or walker, and install grab bars in appropriate places to help you maneuver around the room. But most importantly, they can install one of the great new walk-in tubs now available on the market. Hydrotherapy is one of the best ways to help relax tense muscles, and gently flex and massage limbs that can move more freely with the buoyancy of water. Available water and air jets add to the soothing atmosphere and hand-held shower extensions help you get water everywhere you want it.
You can also choose between a traditional, full sized bather tub and a taller tub designed for use while seated. If you find that lying down in a tub as you once did, surrounded by candles and immersed in gently scented bubbles, is now a frightening thought because you might not be able to get up again, the taller tubs will still allow you to immerse yourself in bubbles while you remain securely seated on the built-in bench. Grab bars can be installed to make it easier for you to stand and walk out of your walk-in luxury spa, and there’s still plenty of room on the sides of the tub to safely place a votive candle or two, along with your favorite mp3 player to provide the soothing music you are accustomed to.
So don’t give up on pampering yourself just because you’re losing your mobility. For the cost of a few months’ treatments at the spa you used to patronize, you can bring that luxury, convenience, and enjoyment into your own bathroom. Contact us today to learn more.
A remodeled bathroom can convert an unattractive room into a pleasant, relaxing oasis.
· Begin your project by taking measurements and carefully developing a plan.
· Look at photos of other bathroom remodeling projects to acquire new ideas.
· List the changes you want to make in the order of their importance.
· Note every step needed to complete each phase of the bathroom remodeling project.
· Make a list of needed materials and tools along with their cost.
· If your budget is limited, decide which alterations you can postpone for a while.
· Inquire about the need of obtaining permits for your project.
Consider making some environmentally friendly improvements in your remodeled bathroom. By using less water and energy, you will save money on utility bills every month.
· Water-saving toilets use less water every time you flush, and toilets with dual flush fixtures uses half as much water when flushing only liquids.
· Showerheads with water-saving features will let you take leisurely showers while using less water.
· Skylights make it unnecessary to turn lights on every time you enter the room.
· Small rooms appear bigger if they have large mirrors. You may want to use mirrors on an entire wall to make the bathroom seem twice as spacious. However, remember that it takes more time and effort to clean mirrors than it takes to clean ordinary walls.
· Instead of installing new cabinets, try giving your existing cabinets new surfaces to improve their appearance.
Hiring Professional Help May be to Your Advantage
Even when you are confident that you can complete a bathroom remodeling project with no major problems, you may prefer to hire a contractor if you want the job finished in a shorter time. Some of the contractors in the Fort Collins and Loveland areas welcome assistance from homeowners who want to lower the cost of a remodeled bathroom project. The professionals can pour a new shower pan, set tile and do the other difficult or tedious bathroom remodeling tasks while you complete the less complicated work. In that way, you can have a beautiful, functional, remodeled bathroom and save money and time as well.
Look for a licensed, insured, experienced professional who guarantees all his work and has an impressive portfolio. A contractor can also offer excellent advice during the planning stages of your project. His experience and knowledge gives him the ability to provide valuable guidance in selecting the best materials for your taste and budget. You may find that a professional contractor can help you save money by showing you how to make wise decisions through each phase of the process.
- How to Compare Home Remodeling QuotesDecember 4, 2020 - 11:28 pm
- The Ultimate Guide to Hiring a Reliable Home Remodeling ContractorNovember 3, 2020 - 10:43 pm
- 5 Reasons Why You Need a Water Filter In Your Bathroom and ShowerSeptember 28, 2020 - 10:17 pm
- Quartz vs. Granite: Which Is Best?August 14, 2020 - 7:23 pm