Maybe you have a home remodeling project or restoration that you have been putting off. Maybe it is time to transform your kitchen into the one your wife has dreamed of for years. The Importance of Hiring a Licensed and Insured General Contractor is often overlooked. Many customers hire contractors based on low bids or offers. Do not fall into this trap!
Here are some issues to think about when hiring a contractor or Fort Collins remodeling company:
- If an uninsured worker gets an injury working on your property you can get sued for liability and may have to pay for medical bills.
- If the contractor is not licensed and insured then you have no recourse if you are not satisfied with the results.
- Oftentimes uninsured and unlicensed remodeling companies cut corners that wouldn’t pass an inspection.
- In some cities and states it is illegal to hire an unlicensed or uninsured contractor.
- You can be responsible for paying taxes for the work done that should be paid by the contractor.
- Many homeowners’ insurance companies will decline a claim if the work was not performed by a licensed and insured company.
There are many reasons why you should only hire a licensed and insured general contractor. At Artisan Remodeling and Repair we are fully licensed and insured in Fort Collins, Loveland, Windsor, Johnstown, and Larimer County. Plus, we’re BBB and Angie’s List accredited with an A rating in both. We proudly offer services ranging from bathroom and kitchen remodeling to basic home repair, and we are the basement finishing professionals in the area that you can count on.
No project is too big or too small. No matter what your dreams and designs are, or even if you don’t know what you want to do with the space you have, contact us today and we will sit down with you and make your dreams become reality! You will love our project planning and we guarantee your satisfaction.